Carrot Cake Banana Bread
In my book, sticking 2 things together is usually better than just 1 thing:
- Peanut butter and banana
- Venus and Serena
- Thelma and Louise
When I heard a friend was going through a rough time, I texted her that this Carrot Cake Banana Bread would appear on her doorstep this week.
You can’t fix everything, but delicious bread can make most things bearable.
This recipe comes together in under an hour, and is healthy enough to serve for breakfast, and yummy enough to be dessert.
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/ 8 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cup mashed overripe banana
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oat milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2/tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, including shredded coconut. Whisk liquid ingredients- including carrot and bananas- in a separate bowl. Pour wet into dry, and stir to form a batter. Smooth into the prepared pan.
- Bake on the center rack for 40 minutes, then do not open the oven door, but turn off the heat and let the pan sit in the closed oven for 10 additional minutes. If it’s still undercooked, simply turn the oven back on and continue baking, checking every 5 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight..
- Glaze or frost with your favorite icing, or eat it plain!
Recipe inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how it goes!
The Drunken Sandwich
Do you pull recipes off of the web and then put them into a stack for “someday”? Years ago, I found the recipe for The Drunken Sandwich, printed it out, and added it to my stack of crusty papers. Last winter,…
Plant-based Mac and Cheese
You know that one dish you have that your family loves? The one that they ask you to make on a weekly basis? No? Don’t have one of those in your bag of tricks? Well girl, this just became your winning,…
Sweet Potato Soup
This sweet potato soup is warm and comforting for a cold and snowy day. The sweetness of the potatoes, coconut milk, and ginger, dance with the spice of the cayenne and the curry, in way that gives you, what my family…
Valentine’s Day Double Chocolate Black Bean Brownies
These gooey, chocolatey nuggets come together in a flash, take 1 container to mix in, and are ready to eat straight out of the oven, or serve them in a bowl with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! Trust…
Small steps make big progress? Yep. I believe it. I made a pivot in mid-life to help women prioritize your self-care and wellness. And now I’m so excited to share that I’m taking the next step! Every Friday, I’m gonna be…
Orange Cranberry Ginger Muffins
These muffins will warm your heart and make you happy! Their bright, citrusy flavor is the perfect quick breakfast or afternoon snack on a cold winter day. Loaded with collagen-building Vitamin C and antioxidants, you can feel good about the health…
Looking for healthy dinner inspiration?
Are you looking for ways to eat healthier in 2021, but after MONTHS of planning meals for your family, you’re not sure where to start? Maybe my story sounds familiar to you… If you’re like me, you spent most of 2020…