In my book, sticking 2 things together is usually better than just 1 thing:
- Peanut butter and banana
- Venus and Serena
- Thelma and Louise
When I heard a friend was going through a rough time, I texted her that this Carrot Cake Banana Bread would appear on her doorstep this week.
You can’t fix everything, but delicious bread can make most things bearable.
This recipe comes together in under an hour, and is healthy enough to serve for breakfast, and yummy enough to be dessert.
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/ 8 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cup mashed overripe banana
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oat milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2/tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, including shredded coconut. Whisk liquid ingredients- including carrot and bananas- in a separate bowl. Pour wet into dry, and stir to form a batter. Smooth into the prepared pan.
- Bake on the center rack for 40 minutes, then do not open the oven door, but turn off the heat and let the pan sit in the closed oven for 10 additional minutes. If it’s still undercooked, simply turn the oven back on and continue baking, checking every 5 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight..
- Glaze or frost with your favorite icing, or eat it plain!
Recipe inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how it goes!